Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Plan

You know, I never really paid attention to how much money my family wastes. "SERIOUSLY." In fast food alone, because I am either, too lazy to cook, or we have a craving, we spend about 160-190 a week in take out. A WEEK. What the heck of it?  We are going to round that up to 200 - Because I did not add the many times we stop for sweet teas, at McDonalds, or times we just want ice cream. ETC.

200 a week! That is about half of our monthly car payment! If we didn't eat out, that would be an "Estimated 800 a month." give or take, that we could be saving.

I thought back to April, we gave up fast food for lent. "Explains now." Why we had a savings afterwards.

So I came up with a plan. We will treat this year, not month, not 40 days ... but YEAR like lent. No fast food. ETC. "Mind you, I did lot for a once a month ... lets go to chili's or out to a movie deal." But no fast food ... no mindless spending on crap we do not need. "Found out quick." That by FEB. We could totally pay off our car ..... and then by October of next year, have enough for a down payment on a new car "Reasonably priced." Could meet that by half!  All bills would be up to date, so there wouldn't be any drama of ... quick, turn off the phone ringer, hiding from calls of people demanding their payment.
Wish us luck ..... if all goes well on this, I can possibly save enough to get new carpets. A HUGE NEED, this damn dog and these darned kids ... they have destroyed it!

It has only been a week since I have come up with this plan. -- I have been loyally cooking, helps when everything we normally order when we go out, I already know how to make myself. But we are going strong ... we go strong until we drive passed McDonald's, DARN FRIES! "Bag fries just do not do it for me, and I do  not know how to make home made fries, although I am sure that I will be able to find out how on pinterest.

I need to come up with some cheaper meals though ... anyone out there know some frugal meals? That are also tasty?

Either way ... this is our plan, and hopefully in October of NEXT year, I will be blogging about nicks new car!

"Fingers crossed."

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could save that much money. I just made my menu for next week. It includes Tacos, Pork Chops with mushrooms and sautéed Brussels Sprouts, Fish and fried rice, hotdogs etc

    The problem seems to be that when the kids are home things finish faster. And the words, "I want" become evil words faster than I care to admit.

    Suggestion: if your kids like Top Ramein, add stuff to it like chopped chicken, frozen peas, bean sprouts, hot sauce, etc. Will come out delicious.

    ReplyDelete