Monday, April 20, 2015

Say it isn't so!


So -  I am in sort of a pickle. Summer is coming up, and in the Chattaway house, summer means "MOVIES!"

Not going to the movies, but rather "Making movies." Since we will finally have the time to.

We are not pro's by any means, but we love it anyways.

So the other day comes along and I ask, "So what movies are we going to do this summer?"
I ask this, because we have a list of movies we plan on doing. (movie ideas really.)

Want to know their response? "None!" WTF????? What do they mean none. This is what we do, to pass the time!!!!! I collect myself and ask. "Why? Are you guys too old now?" Praying they are just joking and we are really going to make movies, because I really am not ready to give up playing with them yet.  They reply, and rather bitterly so.

"No. We are just tired of being the only ones on film. You're never in the movies. The whole idea of making movies as a family is that we are ALL in them!" The two youngest agreed sternly.

Are you freaking kidding me? I am not meant to be in front of a camera, I am meant to be behind it. It is where I am comfortable. I don't even know how to act!

So I am torn. Do I (A) Make a fool of myself in front of friends and family and who ever "Stranger wise" Pops along, so that I can force them to do the entire list this summer. Or (B) Skip out on making movies this summer completely.

I really want to make movies with them, but I do not have the slightest clue on what I could possibly do by myself.
At the risk of sounding like a two year old throwing a tantrum. "This is so unfair!"

I have this guy I know, known him since childhood, back in my school daze! Anyway, he does these one man skits. He's sort of funny. But I am not. I lack the funny! My funny has people hearing crickets.

Anyone out there have any ideas? Any? What can a mom with NO acting skills what so ever, do to, to appease their side of the deal? 

Today has been a productive day otherwise. Most of my shoots are caught up - Editing is finally slowing down. Which makes life a little less stressful.
This morning started off surprisingly well. No  fights out of the girls about getting up and getting ready for school.
Honestly - I was so caught up in completing tasks, I didn't stop to realize just how smooth today truly went. WOW, I had a good day you guys!

I'm in the process of making supper now, nothing healthy and I'm okay with that. I am so tired of salads. I deserve something bad that just tastes good! Chili cheese dogs and tater tots! I am sure tomorrow I will be kicking myself in the butt for it. Adding a few extra steps, a few extra kettle bell swings, etc.  But tonight ... It's whats in order.

Speaking of dinner, I better get back into the kitchen before the smoke alarm goes off. I swear - CPI security hates when I am cooking! Damn smoke alarms!

Have a great one everyone! Do something that makes you smile! xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment