Saturday, April 18, 2015

On a mission - a secret mission.


It's been such a long weekend, and it has only just begun. SORRY for the mass overload of product reviews. I like to get those out of the way once I have tried them, that way I do not forget. (I tend to forget a lot of things lately.) Also, you get penalized for not getting them done on time. So, since I love free stuff, I decided, the earlier I get them done, the better.

I have been up to my eyeballs in editing. Mainly shoot work. I forgot how tedious the editing part is. I love the shooting. I love to be behind my camera, the editing part. Not so much. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

So I am on a mission. A sort of secret mission that I wanna share with you guys. Especially since I am thinking about blogging out the whole process.
My marriage. I am married to my best friend, and like all relationships - they come with flaws. I am sure that this relationship is more flawed then him or I would care to admit, and I haven't a clue on where to set things straight.
He said once, while we sat watching Nichole Kidman, dolled up in a blonde wig, tricking the community of Step-ford  CT. "The step-ford wives. "Why can't you be more like those wives."

It made me think. Is that what guys really want? Some dolled up blonde in a dress, who doesn't speak unless spoken to? Who doesn't have her own opinion, whose only goal in life is to please her husband?
SIGH .... I am sure more than one of you men out there said "Well - yeah!"

I am thinking about undergoing a sort of challenge. A step-ford challenge. 31 days of being a step-ford wife.
I am not particularly sure how this will go, seeing how I am very opinionated and I am not sure if I can just- simply be quiet.
But I am thinking, I might just give this a go. I might fail, but then, I might pin  point some areas that need help. Areas that I might otherwise not see.

If and when I do this and I believe that I will, I will provide a link in my blog, to a separate blog which will be invisible to my husband. So that those who wish to follow along. May do so.

I am obviously going to have to do some research and see what the rules of  being a step ford wife are, but my goal is getting started by May.
Lets just see if Nick really wants a step-ford wife.

Other than that - today has been a pretty good day. I made chocolate covered strawberries and banana's - the only thing I wish I would have done was get the darned house clean. But chilling with my three mini me's seemed more important.

Here is hoping that you guys all have a great night. xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment