Saturday, April 18, 2015

Silicone Gloves for Cooking and Baking Review.


Hi guys, just Dee here with another product review. I am telling you. If you love free, then you will love Tomoson

This time we are checking out these cool silicone gloves for cooking and baking.

These are heat resistant up to 425 degrees.
and because I like to press limits, I decided to test it a little farther.


First thing I noticed, is that these are different than my other set of gloves. There was no interior lining. Which makes for easier clean up - but I was worried about the durability of them. So I was a little nervous when trying these out.


The little dot grips are awesome. Not only can you take pots and pans, in and out of the oven etc. without worrying about your hands slipping - But - It made for great jar opening gloves as well. Which came in handy when my craving for pickles hit me full tilt.


I started off at a lesser degree than 425 to calm my nerves. I should also mention, that I did not treat these gloves normal. (Normally) when someone takes something out of the oven, it is a quick process. You take it out, you typically sit it on top of the stove.
However, I decided to see how long I could hold it before feeling any type of heat.

325 - I could hold no problem for about a minute and a half. (Making pans from oven to table an easy task)
425- It was about 45 seconds before I felt the heat through the gloves. (Which comes on with the feeling of holding a hot microwaved rag.) I realize that 45 seconds doesn't seem long. But in the scheme of things, 45 seconds is a lot longer than it seems.

450, things got dodge. You do not want to be holding anything from an over at 450 for longer than 25-30 seconds. But still I was impressed.  These babies are only supposed to go up to 425. and taking something out of the oven at 450, (if set down at normal speeds instead of holding and waiting to see when the heat strikes) You could still get away with using them at the higher temp. There was no melting, or any damage done at all during any part of my experiment.


For normal use, at temps 425 and below, these are some pretty good gloves. If you would like a pair, you can get yours Here


No comments:

Post a Comment