Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Turn back time

Tuesday morning - off to a rocky start. Whether it was bad peanuts or bad shrimp, or just bad luck, I have three darling little daughters occupying both bathrooms. "Food poisoning" That is what I am chalking it up to. Or at least, until I can call Dr. Garrett and she tells me something different. (They do not open until 8)
Right about now, I am not even sure we can make it 40 minutes in a car ride, efficiently.

Britt's birthday went off well. She opted out for a more family oriented get together. "Remember my rant of finding all the Alice stuff, only to be told she changed her mind?" Family oriented days are so much easier.
She did however request that her cake be homemade, and not bought. Took me 4 hours to figure out how to do the icing to make it look professional. (I cheated a little. - Used store bought icing.) It came out cute though, and she loved it - so that is what matters.

I do know that for her 16th birthday, she no doubt about it wants a "Sweet 16" At least I know in advance. I have a full year to save and plan. I really hope that I do not fail her. It seems to be important to her.

Two birthdays on the way - both back to back in May. My two youngest. Sigh ... time truly does just fly by.

Supposed to do BEAN BOOZLED today, I do not know how that is going to go, with the kids feeling icky. I think we might just have to push the pause button on that one.

Looking for a new editor. The one I hired to edit my newest work, backed out on me, after already having had it for a little over a month.
I am sure there are sites that will help me find someone.
Really does suck though. I had already paid her, and I was hoping to get my new book out this month. I guess sometimes though, things do not go as planned. It will be a little late is all.

Today is all about catching up! I need to get my ass in gear in photo editing. Which it is going well. I have those products to review, which most require a video, and I am anal retentive. It is going to take a while to do those videos. I also have house work, and some extra writing, a few bills to pay. etc.

Random Rant

You know, I am starting to realize, that I do not like this whole adult business.
Watching my nephew and his girlfriend last night, I was Awestruck. They are the same age I was when Nick and I got married. They are so carefree, and unburdened.

I miss that!

That picture up there is my husband and I.  I was 18 and he was 20.

Fast forward 15 years - and those carefree days have been replaced with stress inducing ones. Everything seemed so much easier back then, like anything was possible. What the hell happened?

It's like, one day you are on top of the world, (or felt like it.) and then you blink, and half your life is over.

I look at our three girls, they have their whole lives ahead of them. So many possibilities and the time to do something amazing! They are so young.
I really do think that I have a fear of getting older. My biggest issue in life, seems to be time. I just do not have enough of it. If only I could take Hermione Granger's time necklace and wind it back a bit, while still keeping my life as it is now. (I do not want to relive it all - I just want to stop aging.)

It's true you know - what old people say. That the older you get, the more time seems to be speeding up. It's terrifying.



On that note, I have some hair to tie up in pony tails, and some crackers and ginger ale  glasses to fill, and a Dr. to call.  I hope you all have a lovely day. Do something that makes you smile ... maybe try one of those things on your bucket list. xxDee


No comments:

Post a Comment