Sunday, April 12, 2015

Maybe this isn't such a good idea - Also- That went better than I hoped for.


Baby food challenge!
Okay, so my daughter Erin got herself nominated to take the baby food challenge. Which I guess the premise behind it is where you choose some different kinds of baby food, blind fold your victim and shove it in their face -so-  they can guess the flavor. Who ever guesses the most flavors correctly WINS!

I do not know about any of you guys, but I do not spend a whole lot of time, sampling the baby food selections. I know however, after doing this --- I will definitely continue on my tradition of avoiding it like the plague. "With maybe one slight exception."



You can watch our "Mommy daughter - maybe we shouldn't have done this moment" below.


All in all, even thought at one point I about tossed my cookies, it was a fun moment I wouldn't take back for the world.


Today (Sunday.) I believe Sunday -- "I'm working on about 40 minutes of sleep." So time seems irrelevant. (Seriously thinking I might start sleeping in a separate room than Nick. I just cannot sleep past the snoring!)
It's a good day. Started early.
Today was my first ever "Green ramp." Welcome home shoot for a soldier and their family. I always get nervous. It never fails. Whether it's my first shoot or one of many, I still get my nerves rattled. I think it stems from fear, you know - the "What if's." What if I muck this up, What if the kids don't smile. What if they do not like to pose, or they are nervous in front of the camera, how do I get them out of their shell then?

LUCKILY and I thank my stars every single time I get to work with a family like this.
They knew what they wanted!
I absolutely adore that in a client. Someone who knows exactly what they want. Who has ideas, and input in general. It makes my job a thousand times easier.

I'm still in the process of waiting for the cards to upload to the computer, but a quick peek through on the camera while waiting. I am so excited. I see so many fantastic shots, that I just cannot wait to give them.

I am also thankful that she is so patient. I hate when I have to tell a client that it will be one to two weeks before they receive their photos. A lot of people want them, "That day, the next day, or that minute."
I do not think they realize how much time and effort "The editing stage." takes. I will settle on nothing less than perfect, so I take my time to make sure I am giving them the absolute best photo's I can.
Working on another 6 shoots as well, I was truly thankful that she said "No rush." I do not know if she would ever truly know my gratitude on that.

Now if only I could have burrowed a little of her patience! Upload time, is taking too long!

With a great early start to my day, I have hope for it to continue on well. My day today is mostly going to be a series of moments in preparation.

  • Quick clean the house - so that I am free to be (Kids go back to school tomorrow!) First day back after spring break! I am so ready for this! 
  • Make their lunches, so that I do not have to get up at 4:35 to make them in the morning. 
  • Hopefully sneak in a nap
  • prep video work for upcoming product reviews.
  • Figure out what to make so that I can make a video to do product reviews. (They are mainly kitchen and cooking utensils.) 
  • ETC. ugh, food lion. I cannot forget to run to the store for all the stuff I meant to pick up while grocery shopping. 

It's a short list, but each thing on that list is going to take me till the end of the day to get through. Now on to my next list ... 6 impossible things. (thankful for/reasons to smile)


  • I am thankful Brittany is the legal age for babysitting. It was so "Less stressful." To get ready and go, without the hassle of having to trudge three kids from their sleep. "Thanks Britt bear!" 
I really do need to get a handle on the fact that Brittany is older now. I guess I could use that to my advantage while teaching her responsibility. I have got to stop being so over protective and realize that she can be home by herself and she is fully capable of watching her sisters for an hour or two.  I see this in writing. It's just - I haven't quite got a handle on it just yet. 

  • I couldn't help but smile- nothing better than watching children's faces light up with such love and joy when they see their daddy/mommy for the first time in a long time. 
Thank you to all you service members out there for everything you do. Thank you. 

  • I am thankful for coffee. More specifically the "Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino" I got from the cold box at Food lion. I really do not think that I would/or will make it thought the day without coffee. 
  • I smiled huge at the flashback which slapped me in the face during this mornings shoot. "It's a Bouge" Like Vogue, but with a B. Bouge in this case being "Bug." These two adorable blonde headed twins both pointing towards a bug for daddy to see. 
One Easter, Erin - she was 2 at the time, said that exact same thing. Exact same pronunciation. It was such a lovely moment to pop into mind.

  • I'm thankful for Nick. There is nothing more amazing than just hanging out with your best friend in the entire world. I love our laughs, I love that we share so much to laugh about. I love to laugh. 
  • BIGGEST SMILE ever when I just told Britt to get dressed. Because of her smile. I hate that she will know her gifts (but I am still going to wrap them whether she likes it or not.) But that big cheeky smile she had on her face, just melts your heart - completely. 

I guess this means, I better get off the computer (seeing how upload time is at 4 hours and 48 minutes until complete.) Get some of those things on my list knocked off. 

I hope anyone that came to spend a moment with me, has a lovely day. Do something that makes you smile! xxDee

*Edit* I apologize, I thought I hit publish before I left. Everything all done, except that nap. Have a great one everyone ((hugs))

No comments:

Post a Comment