Friday, April 3, 2015

Thank goodness it's Friday!


Awe, the sweet smell of Friday. Gotta love it! Maybe because today's Friday is fragrantly laced with the sweet smell of my new favorite tea. "Pineapple Chamomile."

Woke up on what I assume is the right side of the bed, because I feel at peace. Holding a warm cup of tea in my hands while enjoying the cool crisp breeze from the window. (I just feel nice) - and cold. I feel cold. I seriously think opening the windows was a bad call. It is not quite warm yet.

84 degrees! That is what the day is calling for. Spring has arrived! Bringing with it the beautiful shade of green. Sigh .... If only the most dominate shade of green wasn't a layer of pollen decorating every inch of my house. Yes, I really do think, opening the windows was a bad call. I'll be cursing myself for it later when I am cleaning. (also) When I am sneezing. Seeing that pollen dusts its beauty on every surface in sight- Be it inside or outside, is a sure sign that spring allergies are on their way!

Honey! That is what they say wards off allergies. Local honey. Today is also grocery shopping day, so here is hoping I remember honey, and also that it really does the trick. "They say-" Local honey helps deter allergies because it is made from local bee's. Which means that they have taken what they needed from the local plant life, thus creating a sort of "Bee flu shot - for allergies." I typically use honey to sweeten my hot teas, so this will work out perfectly.

LENT IS OVER BABY!
That underlined, caps overloaded sentence right there-- brings me to number one on my thankful/things that made me smile "list"! 40 days, that is how long lent is. 40 days of pizza commercial torture. 40 days of smelling delicious fries cooking up the street at McDonalds. 40 days of longing for an eggroll.
I could go on here -- But I won't.
It's over and I am thankful. I never really realized just how much not being able to have something, makes you want it - that much more!

It's almost Easter. Tomorrow is our last Chorus practice before the Easter sunrise. I'm a little nervous. I love to sing, I really do. However- we are a small group. 7 in total. It's not the singing that is bothering me. It's the standing up in front of everyone and not being able to blend in, or hide behind someone. It's all - up front and center. I am a little uncomfortable with that.

Is it just me? Or does anyone else notice that this year is just trucking on by, full speed? I feel like I blinked, and missed most of it already. It's already April. A hop and a skip from summer, and summer zooms by, which means - A new school year is just around the corner, (Halloween) comes next "I'm excited about that part" Then Christmas, and then a new year. I REALIZE it's 9 months away, But nine months goes fast when you're not pregnant.

"I'm leaving pregnant ladies out of this, because when you are all knocked up, it seriously seems like forever for those months to pass -so you can get that thing out!" I know, I remember.

I think I am having issues with time. I feel my mortality. I feel my lack of time. I know that could be because I am losing friends left and right (death doesn't care about age.) I just do not feel like I have enough time to do what I need to do. "I do not even know what I need to do." I think that fear comes from, not knowing what I want in life, not having reached a milestone where I can be content and proud of an accomplishment (other than my kids, I have great fucking kids!) I just feel like. I haven't done in my life what I should yet. I feel - Unfinished. There is something out there calling me, I do not know what it is, and I am scared I won't find it, figure it out before my time is up.
I think that is why I am freaking out about time. It's just slipping by.

Well - It's Friday. (and I resist the urge to sing that annoying Friday song.) It's been years since I have heard it, yet every Friday ... there it is. Nipping at my brain cells.
Friday for me means - Quick clean everything so I don't have to during the weekend. (Plus) This marks the beginning of spring break. I want everything to be in place and in order, that way the kids and I and whom ever crosses our path, are free to cause a little trouble.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a moment in your day with me. I hope you have a great day. A great night, and a great weekend ahead! xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment