Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sunsella Stainless Steel Vegetable Steamer Review.


Another great product to tell you all about. This time I am talking about a stainless steel vegetable steamer.

We eat a lot of veggies in this house, and our main vegetation of choice is broccoli and cauliflower.

Normally, I just stick them in a pot and boil them in water till done.

Do you ever notice when vegetables are cooked boiled in water that they lose their flavor? Also, that it seems they are soggy. I prefer mine not to be that way, so I was happy when I was sent this steamer "Free" In exchange for my unbiased review.


First things first "Looks." It's bright and shiny and very much resembles some kind of cook space ship right out of the package. It is made from stainless steel so it will not rust.
The package didn't come with instructions, and I was at a loss on how to open it.

I have never seen, nor used a steamer before. I tried twisting it "lightly - it looked sharp and I was nervous I might cut my fingers." I tried looking for an edge to pop it open. At a loss of my pride, I watch my husband spread it apart at the top with ease. It really is that simple. Put a thumb on either side and pull it open like a flower. (This is for those out there like me, who ignore the simple things and always try the hard things first.)
Opening it up, there is a bar with a ring (like a grenade) I didn't know what this was for until I used it.  (it's for ease of lifting it out of the pot)

This steamer only works if you are using a pot with a lid. It will not work in an open environment.
You place it in your chosen pot/pan (it fits a number of sizes) Fill your pot  about an inch thick with water. (Or until the water reaches the bottom of the steamer - there are feet that keep it from the bottom of the pan.)

Took about 15 minutes to steam broccoli enough for 5. It was the perfect texture! Not watery. I noticed instantly the difference in taste.

I also have used this to steam the flour tortillas we use for fajita night. Microwaving them always made the edges hard, but now, it's like getting them from my favorite Mexican restaurant MiCasitas.

All in all, this is a cute little steamer, easy to store and works exactly as it should. I have used it a total of 4 times so far, and never once has it failed me. I would definitely suggest this gadget for your list of kitchen ware to get! Which you can get yours clicking the link Stainless Steel Veggie Steamer
Also check out the awesome company that makes these. www.sunsella.com


No comments:

Post a Comment