Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Tenth, by Smadar Shir (Book Review)

At first, I was skeptical about reading this one. War, isn't my favorite subject. Not after my husband having been in the military for all those years. That being said, I wanted something new. I needed to find something other than horror, love, or self help-how to's. So I gave this one a shot.

At first ... I had to force myself to read. It was almost as if I mentally blocked it. But then it just sort of seeped in. After a few pages I was hooked. Once I got into it, I couldn't put it down. I think I even held my kindle while vacuuming that last day, I was too emotionally attached to set it down the five minutes it would take. I needed every second to the end.

This story is an incredibly-abled emotionally tapped story. I cried, I laughed, I cried again. The crying got to me, I do not normally cry, but on this one, I cried like a baby.

The story itself is well written. Descriptive in the right places, without going on seven pages to describe, say a tree. A writer who definitely knows where to describe and where to let the reader take it where they will.

The characters are real ... they feel real. You can almost step into the souls of these characters. They very much become a part of your psyche.

This is a story about a hero ... in which he very much was.
I would recommend this one. It definitely got to me. and that is not easy to do.

If interested you can get yourself a copy here. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KCX3DEK/ref=oh_d__o03_details_o03__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As always, thanks for stopping by!
XXDee
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment