Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bedtime Bliss Sleep Mask Review

Okay, so I will be honest right up front. I have NEVER in my life used a sleep mask for the purposes of actually sleeping. So this was my first experience ever.

First off, I was super excited to try this. I have problems sleeping. The blue light from the cable box, the lights from the alarm, even the light from the moon seeping into the window disturbs me. I can not sleep with lights. "This particular mask stated that it shuts out all light." IT DOES. It truly does. It did not lie about that at all! The only time I saw light is when I had the mask too lose and could see through the small crack by my nose.

Did I mention that yet? It has an adjustable "Velcro strap" Which was  a plus. I have used sleep masks for reasons other than sleeping and I can imagine that tossing and turning is much the same as for what I used it for. "They ones that tie, they come off too easy." THIS ONE STAYED IN PLACE.

So it has TWO THINGS going for it in my favor. Keeps the lights out, and stays on your head! It also comes with ear plugs in a cute little pouch. SO, if you sleep next to a snorer. That can be a third plus!

At first I was unsure. While it stood in place and all the light was blocked. It gave me that annoying tickle on my face. You know that feeling that you get when you know something is on you and it just sort of feels agitating? That is what it was like. AT FIRST. turns out, I am just not used to having anything on my face.

The first night, I did not make it through the entire night due to the fact that I find it irritating to have things on my face. But I was determined to give these a fair shot. Besides, I needed to block the light out.

By the third night I was fine with them. I enjoy them actually. They are perfect for keeping everything in the room out. "And for those like me, they are perfect for more adult things too. They do not come off or budge. "Just putting that out there."


My only complaint is that they have a rough edge, it doesn't cut into you. I just think that if they maybe added some cushion to the edge that clasps to your face, they wouldn't give people any problem with them being on your face. They have to have a sturdy edge I get that, because that is what keeps the eye part in place so that you can blink freely. Without it touching your eye at all. I sat there with my eyes open in them, not once when I blinked did I feel the mask over my eyes. That was nice. Just need to soften the edges.

All in all, I like the mask. I will continue to use it. My face is getting used to having something on it. It has helped with sleeping.  I am no longer seeing shadows or having that bright cable box tv light in my eyes keeping me up. 

I would recommend it. You can give it a try for yourself here : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJQFJX8?psc=1

 As always. Thanks for stopping by. xxDee



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment