Thursday, June 5, 2014

It's Not So Bad

Originally I was going to wait for the print copy to be available before placing my third book "A children's rhyming book-It's not so bad!" On kindle, But apparently, I just couldn't wait. I figured, It's there, It's done. WHY NOT? This way, I wont have to worry about doing it later, I can focus more on writing and editing more stories than all the formatting details. WHICH by the way, SIGIL is a godsend when It comes to editing children's stories on kindle! Not to mention IT'S FREE! I found out how to use it on YouTube. Thankfully so!

Thinking the other two children's stories I have completed will wait a bit ... all the work that goes into making a children's book (illustrations mainly) It's a lot! Two back to back, I feel like if I continue like this, I will burn out. I want to continue to love to write, not push myself away from it. Not that anyone out there will mind, I am an unknown. I think it was more about proving to myself that I could do it. 

I think I would like to work on something a little more grown up. Something, a bit more murderous. I have some pent up aggression I could use to get out on a few made up characters. Did I mention that I not only love to write, but  I use it therapeutically. A recent event in my life has inspired my next short story and while I have a number of projects already started (I am a multi-tastic writer. I can never just work on one thing.) This one has me excited. I have already written it mentally, now its just time to place it into words. I also need to think of a cover. Darn the darn covers. It's really hard trying to figure out what will catch the eye of a reader, and what will still give insight to what the story holds under its surface.

Other than writing, life seems to be testing me. Throwing curve balls left and right. One minute I think everything is perfectly okay and the next I am a walking count down. A ticking time bomb. Everyone around me with those pity faces. I can not stand the pity. I'm feeling drained lately. Borderline depressed maybe. I feel like I am drowning or maybe silently screaming and unheard. I guess I should take a cue from my own kids story "It's not so bad!" and stop complaining. Focus on life and what I want from it, who I want in it. Etc. It's a very short not guaranteed thing, "Life."

Part of me feels very vulnerable putting this on my blog. But what is my blog?, other than an extended public portion of myself. I may as well be honest with myself and with those who might happen along my path.

I am sure tomorrow will be different. I will smile, I will laugh, I will make out like everything is fantastic. I might even believe it! They say believing is half the battle.

A positive in my life is SUMMER! Only a few more days of school and I will get to sleep in daily! I can't wait to sleep in. I feel so exhausted all the time.  I can't wait to have my girls home, I really do miss them when they are at school.

It's been a long day. I am off to I hope get some rest after a long bubble bath. Wish you guys/gals a good day, good night, which ever it may be. xxDee

If you have children and you are interested
(us) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KRO89G6
(uk)http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KRO89G6?*Version*=1&*entries*=0







No comments:

Post a Comment