Saturday, August 30, 2014

ROBBED! In daylight ... WTF?

If getting robbed was ever meant to be on my bucket list before I die ... I can no doubt about it, check it off now.

Sigh ...........................................


These people had balls too! This happened during the day, WHILE I WAS HOME!


I was sitting on my computer, doing Tomoson reviews, you have a deadline for those, and I was reaching mine. I had already taken the dogs out, so I was going to settle in and get to work.


Cut to, too much coffee and the need to pee .... I hear a jiggle. It's my back door. I thought it was the dogs just making noise. I rolled my eyes. Then the noise is louder and just like every other time ... I yelled out, KNOCK IT OFF BOYS! Be quiet, you already went out you are fine! My voice is not a quite toned voice ... I got a set of lungs that is for sure. Either way, the noise stops. I'm like, thank god. Come back into the living room, get myself a drink and I settle in.

Keep in mind that I like to live in a cave. ALL MY BLINDS STAY CLOSED! or they tend to, not anymore.

The hours pass... Britt scares the shit out of me when she busts through the living room door. "Home from school." An hour later, I head out to the bus stop and I wait for the two youngest ones. They get home, its a happy reunion. I ask them about their day, we make our way inside and all is good.

A friend calls, asks to come over. I say yes, and so it is what it is. A few minutes after arrival. Avery gets annoyed, because she gets that way quite easily. Asks, "Can I go outside momma?" I don't feel comfortable with her outside alone, especially with the workers across the street. I tell her, "Not alone, Navaya and Erin should go with you." They go out and then they come back in.

"Momma, where is our stuff?" WTF, crosses my mind. I'm like "What?" "Our stuff is gone." I reply with the usual "No its not ... don't mess with me." They keep insisting, I keep saying its a game. FINALLY I am like FINE! I will play your game. I will go out, they will be like GOTCHA and I can get back to what I am doing.

THEY TOOK IT ALL ......

That spot you see is a brick patio nick had laid down to place our BRAND NEW GRILL! You can see the spilled the catch bowel ... along with the gas tank. ETC.
You know, It's not really about the grill, I do not feel like they stole the grill, I feel like they stole my sense of security. I am terrified to let the girls go outside now.

I cannot afford a fence, so that shit has to wait ... I feel like they are out there, watching, laughing even. SUCKS BALLS!

I keep telling myself it could have been worse! I could have forgotten to lock the lock yesterday, they could have came inside ... It could have been much worse.

Either way, I call the cops. THE COP IS A DOUCHE! You know people who say things sweetly and slowly to show that they think you are an idiot. ANYTHING I SAID, was just stupid! AFUCKINGPARENTLY I have no idea that I DID IN FACT see my grill sitting there when I took the dogs out at noon, that NOPE, I DIDN'T .... thieves only take things like this at night!
I KNOW ..... My grill was there.

Either way, there is nothing they can do. I didn't see who took it, there for it is what it is. He will file a report, but most likely nothing will be found. Gave me advice
NEXT TIME
Chain it to your porch :)

Sigh ... I shouldn't have to chain it to my porch, and I wont have a grill anytime soon anyway. Grills are not cheap and frankly I have bills to pay, I can't just buy another fucking grill.

He also assures me ... KIDS ARE BACK IN SCHOOL NOW, the crime will die down. WTF really? What a useless cop! Cops like his, are the reason no one gives a shit about cops these days. Insensitive.
I get that they see this all the time, but the people going through it, clearly do not.

Either way ... I feel violated. FUNNY, how something as STUPID AS A DAMNED GRILL can make someone feel, suddenly UNSAFE in their own home.

I am just glad I locked the door yesterday.


Feel free to pop over to facebook , It tells you when I post new blogs. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Randomly-So/491631937586928

4 comments:

  1. so sorry hun. and yeah its not about the grill, it would take my sense of security too. so sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate that. It really did take it ... that is the worse thing that is missing.

      Delete
  2. If I were there, the blinds would have been open ;). I love you!

    I agree, you shouldn't have to chain a grill to your porch at your HOME! I'm so sorry. When I come visit, we will go through peoples back yards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I know .... I wish they had been open, I wish I would have just taken the dogs out, and then had them run in fear. LOL, I doubt people going through peoples back yards would help .... I am pretty sure it was the workers. "When they point and laugh when you are talking to cops. you tend to get a bad feeling.

      Delete