Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Terry Treetop Finds New Friends (By: Tali Carmi) Book Review

I have been trying to read a lot of children's books lately to inspire my own creative bug. To look at formatting "because I am self publishing with amazon here soon." and frankly to "selfishly force my babies to spend a little extra time with me" STORY TIME is a great excuse.

I came across this book "Terry Treetop finds new friends" Which is only one of a few in the series. At first, I was a little weary. I have bought probably 12 total children's books in kindle format and while I thought the stories were decent and the illustrations were good ... Avery was the toughest critic yet.

I figured. ONE DOLLAR. It's not a loss either way, it more than paid for itself in the moment I now get to cherish with my girls.

Avery has the attention span of a few seconds, sometimes minutes BUT FORGET anything in length needed for a full story. HOWEVER, that wasn't the case with this one.

She sat up strait and listened to every word ... Followed Terry treetop on his quest to find new friends the entire time. It's one of the sweetest little stories of a boy who loves to climb trees, who gets his dream tree house only to realize he needs a friend to share it with. In a world where everyone is busy and no one has time he finds a friend when he thinks hope is lost. A cute cuddly kitten stuck in a tree, which couldn't have been more perfect for the already lover of climbing trees terry.

It definitely teaches you that you can find friends by doing good deeds. Which is a moral that is great to instill in your children! We loved it. 
I will say that this book is more attractive to kids ages 2-7 It's an easy read. So if you are strapped for time and need a short story to appease your kids. This is a great one to start with.  You can buy it here
http://www.amazon.com/Children-Books-goodnight-Adventure-Education-ebook/dp/B00D6NSBOA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400622141&sr=8-1&keywords=terry+treetop+finds+new+friends

As always have a great day guys xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment