Friday, March 20, 2015

How not to start your Friday ...

You know days where you wake up, "On time!" Everything is going perfectly. You get the husbands lunch made, and him off to work, the kids lunches made, happy you had their favorites for the day. Everyone is on schedule. No one is going to miss the bus today. There is no fights like "Please mommy, can we please stay home?" You know, days that make you go ... Today- Is going to be a good day.

THAT WAS MY DAY.

I legit thought I was going to get away with an, oh so easy day. Not my case at all.
No shit, there I was. Doing what I do every other weekday, taking a moment to walk my Brittany to her bus stop. She is in high school and really there is no need for it. She doesn't need me, I just like grasping that little extra time with her. A little one on one time with her. She will be off to college soon and I have to take every moment I can with her.
It was a good walk, we talked, we laughed, we made creepy excuses about the fog. Then her friend, not really having a great day. She is rather upset, and I feel bad for her.
*Side note - to any teen who reads this*
If it seems like your mom or your dad is really riding your case, and you are at a loss at what it was you could have done to tick them off so bad.  Don't take it personal. Unless you are screwing up royally and know you are, chances are you just have a parent in a bad place. I myself have gone overboard with my anger. Grant you I do not hit my children, but I can be very blunt with words, I can get onto them about things that do not really matter, Sometimes parents are just having asshole moments, WE ALL DO THIS! or, we all will at some point. It doesn't change the amount of love a parent has for a child, and honestly, sometimes a parent sees that it is wrong, but allows their own guilt over feeling bad about it, to make the situation worse. Maybe ask them, if they are having a bad day and need to talk about it, or if there is anything you can do to make it better. Sometimes focusing their attention on anything they are nitpicking about, might help them ease up. A parent seeing a child, especially a teen, care -- sometimes that's all a parent needs to pull out of their own funk.
This by no means excuses that behavior. I am just saying, we are humans too - we muck up too.

Anyway -- Okay so I am walking home. Suddenly, my over active mind thinks ... "What would I do if I heard screaming from my home, someone is in there to rob my house and at the same time hurting my children." I do not know why I thought this, I just know that it contributed to the panic I felt when I did in fact HEAR SCREAMING coming from my home.
I am not a fast runner, but can say, in this instant, I could have given Olympians a run for their money.
I burst through the door, ready for anything ... Avery is standing in the kitchen, screaming at Erin, I pass the corner and I am greeted with a floor full of blood. SO MUCH BLOOD!
I see Erin sitting on the dining room chair, just crying ... there is cereal all over the floor, a broken bowl.
I can pretty much guess what had happened.

Erin- my lovely 10 year old daughter. Had just gotten out of her bath before school. She knew she had to eat before school and saw the bowl of milk-less cereal that I had left on the counter for her. "Typically" I pour the milk, but seeing how she was in the bath and no one likes mushy cereal, I was waiting until she was ready.
Needless to say, she lost her grasp on every thing and the glass bowl smashed to the floor, breaking on her foot. AKA, The foot you see in the photo.

It is a pretty good sized gash. I honestly think it could use stitches, but a friend who came to my rescue when I realized I had nothing, and I do mean NOTHING to bandage it with.
WORST MOM AWARD GOES TO ....... "Me!"
I am so completely thankful that Natasha was there to help. I will be getting a first aid kit tonight. I have learned my lesson.
I have got to learn to keep stuff like that put up, I have girls who like to pretend, and band aids or anything like that, tend to get used as props, and stickers!

So -NOTE - to parents. Make sure you have some sort of First Aid help around. There is nothing more heart breaking than when you see your child bleeding all over and have nothing to help them. (But a pillow case you clumsily in a panic wrapped around their foot.) Also - that anything can happen. I never in a million years could have pegged an incident like that.

I did get a lesson (Yes my mind rambles and hits every train of thought - part of being scatter brained I guess) I realized that our bucket of fake blood -- is so off. Real blood is a lot brighter, pinker red than I had thought. I will have to fix that.

Erin is doing okay - Her foot is hurting like hell, but that is to be expected. We missed the bus in the panic of getting her situated and I am sure the school is not going to be happy with me, seeing how they have missed so many days already. I wouldn't have allowed Erin to go anyway. I do not trust the school to have her best interest at heart. They would have her up and waking around. But darn it, I needed Avery in school!

I learned that I also do not think I have the stomach to do any mortician type job. Not when I was loosing my stomach cleaning up the mess. I do not think I will be able to eat captain crunch anytime soon.

This is so, not how I wanted to start my weekend. Here is to hope! Hoping today goes a lot more smoothly and that if any of you are having a day like mine, I hope yours gets better too. Have a good one you guys. xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment