Wednesday, August 17, 2016

W. T. F. Wednesday's

W. T. F. Wednesday's

Do you ever wake up and think - I should be neighborly, make welcome baskets or quiches or something, and get to know the people around me? Maybe that is just me. I had just watched “The Stepford Wives.”  But once upon a time in my life, I very much envisioned a cookie cutter lifestyle, where neighbors would smile and wave, and wives would get together and do bake sales, husbands would smoke cigars and talk about politics, or golf, cars, whatever. Kids would be out riding their bikes and sweet old people would be sitting in their rockers, keeping a watchful eye on House 476’s little Susie, the cutie patootie, eleven month old  who is just learning to walk, and is now teeter-toddling across the lawn. (Think, The Truman show.) Apparently my brain is stuck in a fairy tale infused themed set in the 50’s, maybe 60’s.
Of course, I have always wanted to be someone awesome in the circus, swinging high on the trapeze to, and that didn’t happen, so I guess, I should have known better.

Anyway – getting on with it …

No sh*t, there I was ... Minding my own business while spying on the neighbors. (Like you do – when a newly made app called “Next door” comes out, giving you a front row seat into the lives of those around you. “Or.” At least a sneak peak, into their personalities, based on the posts they choose to post. Now, I don’t know if it’s just my street, or if everyone’s street is like an over exaggerated, drama filled episode of Jerry Springer, but it was in that very moment – while I sat, dressed in my favorite PJ’s, drinking my over sweetened coffee, that I realized – maybe it’s not a bad thing “Keeping to yourself.”  

Post after post of “Clean up your dog *we will say mess – their term was a bit more colorful.* “If your dog S**t’s in my yard again, I am calling the cops.” “To the lady who lets her dog *mess* in my yard – I caught you on camera (then proceeds to post picture.) LMFAO – you kind of just got to shake your head at this one. Almost like death threats over something so petty.  The posts got worse, and if it wasn’t an invasion of privacy to screen cap and post, I would.

Cut to –  Neighbors, calling out other neighbors like high school kids calling kids to meet them in the parking lot after class.

“To the neighbor who called the cops on me for riding my mini bike – come to my driveway, like a real man, and see how brave you are.”  Followed by what you can imagine, a very heated discussion. Even the old lady I had met and never would have guessed would be anything less than sweet, chimed in with posts that would make even the most seasoned Hussy blush.

I am telling you, if you want mindless entertainment and do not mind realizing that your neighbors are somewhat scary – check the app out for yourself. Grab some popcorn, or some snacks. You’ll need it.Next Door App


Anyway, that is my “What the F**k Wednesday. How about you guys? Has anything happened lately, or have you seen anything lately that just made you think ... “What in the actual F’ing F**k”  

Like this video for instance.



Sorry about that.  That couldn’t be unseen, and I wanted others to suffer with me. “I’m sick like that.”  Have a great day you guys. xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment