Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thursday Throwbacks

Every time Thursday's roll around, I am flooded with Throw back posts. I rarely participate in them, but seeing how I am trying to get my butt in gear, and back into the groove of writing something more than a check to pay the bills, I just figured - Why the hell not? So let's throw it back. Way, way back ....

Musically: We all have our favorites songs. You know, the ones that grab hold of your ass and take you on a magical, memory filled, fun ride. Digging deep and reaching into the far back of my brain, the song "Semi Charmed Life - By: Third Eye Blind" stands out like a hobo at a star studded fund raiser. Taking me back to a sunny weekend drive in Argentina Texas. "Long story short." I dated a guy three times my age, therefor was unaware, too naive to understand what I was getting myself into. One black eye later, and a bruised ego - I was sitting in the back of my older sister's boyfriend's, roofless jeep, the wind in my hair - this song on repeat, stunned and thrilled that I had the balls to book it out of there, while so many women I have known (some of those women - women I love with my whole heart) never found the gull. This day, was a good day. This day I started over.


Movie wise: Think back to your younger years. I am sure that, some if not all of you can think of a movie or two that was "The best movie ever." Or so you thought, until years pass by and you find yourself in an awkward conversation, when the friend you "Swore" it was worth watching to, is now questioning your mental IQ. You head to the kitchen, grab some snacks and plop your butt down on the sofa, "They are wrong." You insist. "Howard the duck, couldn't possibly be stupid. Space balls, you remember, was surprisingly entertaining." You flip on Netflix and bam, childhood ruined. What you once thought was an epic, never to be topped movie, now has you asking yourself "What was I thinking?" I personally have quite a few of them, however, I do not believe that this is one of those face palming movie moments when I say that I absolutely loved, and still love ....
The money pit. Here would be my favorite part.



Personally speaking: Growing up, we really did not have much money, so when we got something we asked for, we were always over the moon happy about it. I think I cried for joy when I got my New Kids On The Block t-shirt. This picture, is me after receiving the best gift ever ...
My roller skates!


Throw back Thursday's are meant to take you back to a time held dear in your life, to get you to focus on something that once made you smile. So I pose a question, What are some of Your throwbacks? What gets you nostalgic? 

As always, I hope each and every one of you who happen to pass by, has a wonderful day. xxDee


No comments:

Post a Comment