Saturday, August 20, 2016

Saturday Secrets

Secrets! We all have them. They lounge around in the back of our minds taunting us mercilessly with their presence.

While sometimes, those secrets can fill us full of angst and create a guilty conscious eating our thoughts raw to the point of anxiety ridden exhaustion,
Sometimes ... They can be quite fun.

They can make a person feel, naughty. or even mysterious, and interesting. Play with your mind, to where you walk around feeling like the whole world is looking at you. Wondering what you know. (Provided the secret is good enough to inspire that certain smirk most get) Like, if you just got down and dirty in the linen closet at your aunts family get-together with the hot caterer named Jim. There would definitely be a coded smile.

Most of us keep our deep dark secrets hidden, locked away deep within ourselves, conjuring them up occasionally to reminisce once again, the delicious details in the privacy of our own minds. Some choose to share theirs, making us the lucky chosen ones, the select few, privy to deeds unspoken, Like accomplice's during an unplanned crime streak. Now, we are not only keepers of our own secrets, but the keepers of many.

Which gets me to thinking .... Why do some share their secrets?

 I swear some folks are like kids with a quarter in their pocket, when it comes to their secrets, or a secret they were told (fresh Gossip) it just burns a hole in their pocket. Next thing you know, you have snacks and a brand new gulp of info that you are holding captive from others.

I personally am not someone who tells my secrets. I am pretty much an open book when it comes to my life, but I do have secrets, and true secrets are just that - Secret, I blame trust issues. But I have had many friends spill their own, with me wide eyed, surprised, and begging for more. (There is just something about knowing something that you shouldn't.)

So what type are you? Are you a sharer? Or, is your mouth held tighter than a Homo-phobes ass in a gay bar? Do you spit out your secrets like that gulp of warm milk that just flooded your mouth, when you were expecting Diet Coke, (or) Do you tuck them in an old dusty room, in the back part of your brain. The room that begs to be ransacked, yet lays unexplored with the exception of when you come back for that infrequent visit?

What are your thoughts on sharers? Would you rather be left untouched by the mystery of others, or do you gobble it down like thanksgiving supper?

I personally, am a gobbler! I will gobble that shit up, quicker than a starved dog sitting next to a left alone turkey platter.

In light of this post being based off Secrets, I will share a small one of my own. One that I feel time enough has slipped past to make any repercussions obsolete.


IT WASN'T ME - an eleven year old me once screamed. I knew they all knew better, but I was taking this one with me to the grave! I had stolen one of my mothers cigarettes, something I did often, being addicted at a too young to be addicted age. As if the fact I stole a smoke wasn't bad enough, I had lit an old bus, parked in the weeds across the street from our house on fire! Shit lit up brighter than fireworks.
You see, what happened was - I had been hiding behind the bus smoking so that I wouldn't get caught. I heard feet crunching into the weeds and I threw the smoke - bad aim, it went through the broken window of the bus. It was my big sis Bree, I cannot really remember why I was being called home, probably to be asked if I took a smoke. (my mom had started counting them. I always got caught.)
Either way little me followed her home, unaware that the cigarette had landed on old papers, and random what not's left inside and caught on fire. CUT TO My mother, and stepfather running out frantically to stop the fire.

They knew, Yet I lied and lied, and refused to tell the truth. UNTIL TODAY, My mother will never see this post, But she doesn't need to, she knew! IT WAS ME THAT STARTED THAT FIRE!

There it is, my big secret -- Do you have one? WE ARE ALL EARS! Or eyes!

As always, I hope that who ever passes along this post, has a wonderful day. xxDee











No comments:

Post a Comment