Sunday, August 21, 2016

I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours.

  Dreams, we all have them.

Whether that dream is to poke irreparable holes in the "Darwin's theory of evolution" Using Micro verses Macro evolution variables to concoct an indisputable theory of your own, leading others to accept a creationist point of view, and bring God back into the school systems, (or) To be the worlds Number one leading Marine Biologist, saving endangered sea turtles one by one in your very own sanctuary.

Today ... I want to ask you. What are your dreams? Not only am I curious about your dreams now, but I am curious about your dreams, way back when. Are you living that dream? If you aren't. I ask another question. (or two) "Why? and What are you going to do about it?"

Thinking back to my younger years, I once upon a time wanted to be a lawyer. My mother would always say "You wouldn't make it as a lawyer, you'd argue with the judge." She was not wrong. I probably would have. Of course I will never know, because somewhere along the line, I gave up on that dream.
I have always been somewhat wish-washy with my dreams. I've never been content with just one thing. I go about life in an eclectic type way, What can I say? I want to do it all.

My dreams:
I would like to own a brunch shop. Why brunch? Glad you asked. Brunch, because I don't want to open too early for breakfast, nor stay open to late for supper. It's all about minimal hours.
I would like my own Photography studio. NOT just my portable home studio.
I would like my own candle/soap shop - So I don't have to do it at home anymore. I have no room.

While all those dreams still exist, there is ONE dream that has always stood constant, just the dynamics have changed. I would like to be a writer. 
I used to tell people that I wanted to be the girl version of Stephen King. I wanted to scare the hell out of people. I still do (want to terrify folks.) Only, I find that, the more I write, just how different I really am. I am not Stephen King, I am just me. I guess being me as a writer is okay too.
I lost track of this dream for a long time. I set it on the back burner telling myself that I will get to it eventually. Time past by and there all my half started projects stood waiting for me. Dusty, but ever hopeful for my return.

TO ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION "If you are not living the dream, then what are you going to do about it?" Honestly, that was my whole reason for getting back into blogging. I felt like I had lost my "Munchness" In the words of "The Mad Hatter." I felt like, I just forgot how to write. I figured, getting back into the groove, I would eventually find my voice again, and be back on the necessary path.


So how about you guys? What were your dreams? What are your dreams now? Are you living them, or are they sitting on the burner waiting faithfully for your return? 

One thing in this world that cannot be taken from you, is your dreams. The only thing standing in your way is you. So get out there and reach for the stars.

As always, thank you for reading and I hope each and every one of you have a great day. xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment