Monday, August 22, 2016

Movie Review Monday


Monday Movie Review 

If you are like me, then there is nothing quite like a good Horror flick, or scary book to provoke your inner fears and get the hairs on the back of your neck to stand straight up. There's something invigorating about fear. Something in it that gets the blood pumping and makes you feel "Alive."


VVITCH :
I honestly didn't know what I was getting myself into when I plopped down in the thankfully empty theater with my movie butter soaked popcorn and Diet Coke. This isn't your run of the mill horror like you would expect, or as I should say, like I expected. It's not jump scares or gore that gets you in this one, it is something deeper. Something that twists and buries itself around your inner imagination, mingling with truth and logic giving you chills to the core.

Witches: The word alone brings thoughts of broom sticks, spells and potions, maybe even a few dead kids along the way. (This really only has the latter)

VVITCH comes off more like  "The crucible meets a better version of The Blair witch project."

It is slow in pace but never boring.


It is a lot like the movie "The rite." In the sense "You'll need to watch it more than once to soak it in, and catch the things you might have missed on the first go round. There are lots of little things."

In the end, as I sat there watching the credits scroll up, my only thought was "What the fuck just happened?" I honestly am still in this very moment confused. It was a movie that kept me intrigued, but never fully explained itself. While I got the gist of the movie along with a strong fear of goats now - I still feel unanswered.

It is scary in the sense, that it leaves you with a feeling of unease. It is no doubt about it worth a watch.
I would rate it 3.9 out of 5 stars.

What did you guys think of the movie? Have any Movie Ideas for a fellow movie lover? They don't have to be scary, I just love good entertainment. 

Oh - and because today has already proven to be quite manic - my chosen song of today. "What's yours?"






Like with every day - I hope that each and every one of you who pass by, has a wonderful day! xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment