Friday, August 19, 2016

T. G. I. F

Awe, the sweet scent of Friday!
 (My Deepest apologies for those who work Sat.)

It's the one day of week that wraps you in its arms and softly whispers the promise of sweet uninterrupted slumber. That's right! No more hitting snooze 12 times before begrudgingly taring yourself from the warm comforts of your bed. You get to nuzzle in a little longer, and  Hang onto the last remnants of that sexy Freddie Highmore dream you were just having. (Insert crush of your choice here if Freddie isn't what floats your boat.)

Unless of course you are like me, and your body has formed some sort of supernatural bond with the morning, screaming out - WAKE UP! WHY ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING?

Funny how that works huh? On any other day of the week, you'd groan at the sound of your alarm clock blaring and swat it with a warning that you need "Just" five more minutes. But somehow, on your day off - when you really want to sleep in, your mind and body concocted a plan of its own.

4:00am on the dot, your eyes fly open. You feel rested, but it's dark out and its your day off, WTF? You close your eyes, and your mind wanders. But you're not giving in. You recall the parts you can remember of your dream and slowly drift off. 5:00 rolls around and, again, your body is ready to start the day. With a little coaxing, a lot of tossing and turning, you drift off once again, your body just sort of caving in, and giving into you. 7:00 rolls around. You climb up in bed, submitting to the fact that sleep is not an option, (That is my Friday.) I am guessing it is a sneak peak into my Saturday to come. I hope you guys have better luck!

Friday! For most, is the day that sits as a reminder for many that tomorrow is work free. It serves as a helpful reminder for when anything at work  pops up and bugs the hell out of you, that tomorrow, you will not be dealing with it. It's almost over! It's a gateway day to lead into a night of fun and frolic. Which has me curious .....

What are your plans for the weekend? 
Being a mother of three, and somewhat reclusive, I have to live vicariously through the vices of others. So fill me in, What's in store for you?

Mine : 

My plans ...
Waking up (Apparently early) Cleaning up a little, doing a little writing.
Continuing the search for school shoes and the rest of the supplies needed.
Sitting around in my underwear eating Mocha ice cream, wondering what the hell I am really doing with my life, and why I am being so wasteful with my time off ....

Followed by I hope A nap - and good quality time with my girls.


As always, I hope that each and every one of you who pass by, has a wonderful day. As well, as a wonderful weekend. xxDee



No comments:

Post a Comment