Saturday, September 27, 2014

Super Flex Silicone Oven Mitt, 1 Pair Review.


Anyone who knows me ... KNOWS that I love to cook. They also know that I am a complete klutz and I am always sporting a burn or two. I realize that most people are thinking, why? Don't you use pot holders, etc?

Well, Yes... yes I do. The problem with that is, The ones that do not slip completely over your hands, leave other parts vulnerable to the hot racks or even the flaming hot red thing at the top of the stove. Or, you figure you will only be holding the pan you are getting for a second that using a semi wet glove mitten will protect you just fine. "WRONG!!! Do not do that! The heat eats through wet cloth rather quickly!



  So I got these silicone gloves in the mail.

ONE, I collect oven mitts, and pot holders, etc. I have a ton, but never seem to have enough, so I was excited to add these to the pot. "No pun intended."


First, I was a little nervous. I had visions of taking out a pan of lasagna, only to have the heat eat through the mitts and sizzle my finger tips gone. "I have an overactive, vivid, somewhat illogical imagination."

I was reassured that silicone is not like rubber at all. So my hands will be safe. THEY WERE, I felt like a fool having been afraid in the first place.

These mitts are thick and durable. I even touched the top red thing on accident and it did nothing.

Outside, they kind of look like industrial mitts. Stuff that scientists would use to protect themselves from dangerous chemicals. They have this protective quality feel about them. Inside, they are soft.

BONUS ---- the insides slip out for easy cleaning.

the paper inside the package that comes with them says that it can go up to 450 degrees F. I wanted to test the boundaries a little on this one. I was broiling some potatoes, "For quicker done baked potatoes." I grabbed the cookie sheet they were sizzling on using those mitts.

Nothing happened to them, they were not damaged. But I could feel the heat slightly more. Had I held onto the pan for longer than the few seconds it took to go from over to top of stove, it might have made marks into the silicone. Luckily it didn't this time, but I would suggest to stay within the 450 degree mark.
But I also say, if your other mitts are wet, using it for a quick second in this instance is a better option! They are cheap, so they are easy to replace if you hold onto something a little too long.

  These are definitely my go too oven mitt!

I just need to see if they make other colors. Would be awesome if they did holiday designs, like Halloween! For the weirdo like me who likes to collect oven mitt attire.

If you are interested, you can get yourself a pair here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H0OJPTG/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title



  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment