Monday, July 29, 2013

Okay! I admit it, I almost peed a little!


I stand corrected!

Do you guys remember me complaining a few posts back about not having any new, scare the pants off of you horror flicks lately? How I have been disappointed and let down? Well … I take that back!

I just recently watched “The evil dead -2013 version”

Seriously A Holy moly, I’m really freaked out, hide my head under the covers … plug my ears and scream out “Tell me when it’s over!” like moment! I watched this two weeks ago and I am still having nightmares! I can’t even have the commercials come on without me scrambling to find the remote to quick change it, because now just a tiny portion invokes a panic attack.

I feel like a total ninny. This movie hits home on quite a few of my fears.

First there is the natural fear that we all have … *the fear of the unknown* Stricken by the curiosity that follows. (Which is why I wanted to see the movie.) The fear of the unknown in this flick, is the unseen deities, the possibilities of another dimension existing and its ability to find loopholes to break through.

Then there is my extreme fear (I am afraid of looking at people who appear to be themselves but are not who now look back) this includes, zombies, possessed people, hypnotized people, dementia and Alzheimer's suffers, clowns and mask wearing people, mimes, etc.)

I think this fear stems from a childhood games my older sister would play on me. She would look at me with this blank face and say “I’m not your sister Diane!” “I ate your sister!” Then she would lunge at me immediately provoking fear. Clowns, mimes, mask wearers I believe has something to do with our natural ability to determine whether or not someone is a threat. And I quote a YouTube video I watched recently uploaded by Vsauce – called Why are things creepy *It is definitely worth a watch*Why are things creepy I’m a huge fan! But we as a species tend to gage the expressions on others to decide if they are ok or not. You can’t tell if a mask is covering a person’s face … or make up makes them always smile. For all we know the mask that’s smiling sweetly in our direction is hiding a serial killer scowl! And that creepy non stop smiling clown just might have arsenic in that spray flower.

My fear of people with dementia and Alzheimer’s is from the fear of being lost. It’s the realization of just how fragile we *our minds* truly are.  

Bottom line … I was wrong. I seriously thought, there is nothing new (grant you this is a remake) nothing worth watching. All the scary movies disappoint at the end.

But I finally found one that scared the Bajeezus out of me! Unfortunately scarred me for life, and I am pretty sure this is one that I will not be watching again. Not because it’s not worth it. But because I am a freaking wuss puss!

I recommend it to anyone looking for something a little creepy! And while I am recommending movies worth watching. “6 souls with Julianne Moore and Johnathon surprised me!” It’s another *looks like it might not be that great, holy wow it was type finds* Enjoy!

Anyone out there have any movie choices worth seeing? Even if they go along with “The evil dead” Im game! Let me know.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment