Saturday, July 20, 2013

Damn! It was a dream.



Close your eyes. Imagine a dark, quiet, undisturbed night … People lying in their beds, sound asleep, peacefully resting. You see it? Well … That was not my house. At least not around 11:48. It looked more like this a crazy acid induced remake of arachnophobia with John Goodman.

A giant black spider … 

I had been lying on my stomach like normal, opened my eyes and as my vision came into focus, there it was! Crawling merrily from my nightstand up over the box of half eaten chocolate raisins next to the watered down tea. I sat strait up, slapped nick awake and pointed to the source of my fear!

When I think of spiders … The sweet adoring vision of charlotte’s web does not pop into mind. It’s more like the giant spiders of harry potter that will eat you alive! Even if they aren’t really bigger than a half dollar.

As wonderful as he is, and as unbelieving … Nick indulged me. Trying his best to calm my fear, that nothing was really there … that I was in fact dreaming it.

He searched the whole place … NOTHING!

Still didn’t believe him … I grabbed my trusty flashlight and began my own investigation. Shielding my hand with a black tank top. Figured, if it’s a black widow … It would have a hard time biting through that. Didn’t care about proper manners. I smashed everything on top of my nightstand onto the floor. (After) Having moved the tea glass and chocolates. Nothing! Absolutely nothing was there.  I climbed into bed, still somewhat afraid that the monster of all evil spiders at some point was going to crawl across my face. Then confusion hit. And I started to think, maybe Nick was right. “What was I doing up?” I asked him … Followed by “Do you even know what I was doing before all that?” Maybe I was dreaming it.

This night led me to my Friday … and for the reason I did not post yesterday.

Friday, I woke up with a mission. I was going to clean every single nook and cranny. Every corner, every crevice. I was going to find that spider! I wasn’t crazy … I couldn’t have possibly dreamed it. I was going to make sure that next time, no spider could hide. I was going to be able to find and smash it! (Sorry to all those spider lovers out there- I know they are great. Love them too … they eat the bad spiders, but I love them better outside, and my crazy ass is too scared to pick them up with something and put them out.)

Needless to say … My room was a mess. Under the bed alone could have happily housed an army of spiders. (Found a ton of stuff I forgot I had though) but no spider. I am guessing that maybe just maybe my husband was right on this one.

He won twice this night … that I have to admit I was dreaming after insisting that there was no way possible that was just a dream. And now he has a new way to get me to clean. “Dee, I saw a spider in there!” “Where?” “I don’t know, I didn’t see where it went!” Voila … instantly DE cluttered!

Damn spiders!

If you happened by this blog, I hope you enjoyed it. I hope that it helps you in the future or today and that your day today and all days after are no less than good :) Thanks for reading xxDee

PS. The picture I took is courtesy of my daughter Brittany’s fake spider! That kid puts that thing in my drawers, in my microwave, in my drink … Gets me every time. Damn spiders!

2 comments:

  1. lmao Go Britt go!

    I have to say I love the Harry Potter reference! That's how I feel about spiders too! Nasty buggers! Also how is there anywhere you haven't cleaned yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... It seems, the more I clean the more messy it gets. I seriously could use some of harry potters magic spells on this front!
    hahaha ... Yeah they are nasty buggers. Spiders creep me out! Right up there with snakes!
    xxDee

    ReplyDelete