Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Crazy Cat Lady


Meet Rumor! (Pictured here)

 Rumor is about five or six months of age. (I’m Guessing) She is a loveable, sociable, normal run of the mill cat. Her only difference is that she is a stray. I believe (due to the fact she is so sociable) that she once had a home, a loving home too. Your typical … we want a kitten, we got a kitten, Oh how cute, It’s getting older, More work involved, Not as cute as before, Okay we are done, this is old, lets drop her off somewhere situation.

When she found her way to me she was skin and bones. You could literally make out every rib. Her hips were protruding so badly that it made her look as though her sides were caved in. She resembled death. Or looked to be on the verge of it. Between the open sores oozing green pus and the lack of nutrients. If I didn’t help. She would die. I just unfortunately went through the death of a cat on my watch. (Some asshole thinks that it’s okay to shoot cats) I was not about to do it again!

I suckered her close with promises of a nice slice of cold turkey. Surprised at how quickly she came. The moment she took that bite, I think her decision was made. This (as in my porch) was home. I don’t mean to do this. (Collect) so many stray animals. But I can’t turn an animal in need away. I used to categorize myself as a dog lover! Turns out … I’m that crazy cat lady! Funny thing … I am allergic to them! It starts off as a mission to save them, they need food and water and once they are healthy they will be fine! But they choose to never leave.

Ya’know … I do not understand people! I do not see how they can be so careless with a life. Regardless of whether it’s an animal or a person. If you buy a kitten, dog, etc. or just inherit one … It is up to you to make sure it has what it needs to survive. To get the thing neutered so that it’s not continuing to over populate a world of already over many animals still searching for homes of their own! Seriously pisses me off when someone gets and animal then decides they didn’t want that sort of responsibility after all, so out into the world they go to fend for themselves! That’s bullshit!

Either way … that is my rant for today, along with an introductory to the newest member of the family. (At least until I can find it a home)

Hoping you are all having a wonderful day … got an animal? Show it some love! If you see an animal who needs a little help, lend a hand! xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment