Thursday, February 19, 2015

Where do they get it ?


This is for those of you out there with kids. Do you ever just look at them, in their moments of jerk like behavior and think ... "Where the hell did you learn to be such a little asshole?"

If you have asked yourself this - chances are that you already know the answer.
Maybe you use better or different language than I did here, however its always something similar, 

That really was what my husband and I were thinking, (The quote in the picture there.) Really was what we asked ourselves in one short moment in time. 

I mentioned in another blog that I finally figured out how to get all my information off of old hard drives. Well, learning how to do that, let me see all the old photos I have missed seeing. 

The two in the picture - being the two that led to this blog. 

Nicholas and I stare at our three girls. They look adorable, and sweet, almost like well mannered children who listen to their parents, never throw fits, never fight, etc. (I could give so many *I wish* scenarios here- but I will spare myself the heartache.)  I know the truth. I'll just give you the literally convo.

Nicholas: Aww, They are so cute! How can they be so cute, but at the same time, still be such assholes?
Diane: I know right ... I don't get it. 

(we click to the next photo.)

Nicholas: Oh ... I see! 

I simply agree. They really do get their assholish behavior from us. The evidence is right in the smug like looks on our faces. 
It's funny when I think back at all the curses parents place on their kids (aka- a familiar one.) I hope your children are half as bad as you. 
I always laughed at that one, I wasn't really a bad kid ... Was I? 
Well - *AfreakingParently* I really was ... only the curse didn't just give them my half of badness, but nicks half as well - Giving us three full blown Brats! 

I say that with all the love in the world - Reality, I couldn't live without those girls even in their worst moments. They are my reason for living. 

I just wanted to give all the parents out there who might have passed by and seen this - a little reminder. 
Love them - even when they are driving you crazy and making you want to yank your hair out. They are simply little versions of you.

Think back to when you were a kid - don't you remember doing some of the same things?

I find myself having to stop and think for a moment (a lot) of the time. Because it is true. I have done most of the silly things they have done (that is annoying the crap out of me in those moments) to my own family. 

Spoiled - on the other hand, that's a whole different ballgame. I didn't have half of what my children have today, and it's like my friend Jeri said to me today. 
WE ARE BOTH SUCCEEDING AND FAILING
We may be able to give them more than our parents ever gave us, but it seems the bitter sweet truth of doing just that, is what causes greed to be a little more than just a possibility on developing attitudes. 
My sister ... Her kids, take nothing for granted. They do not throw fits when they are told no, they accept it, figuring that they can just get it another time. 
My kids - not so much. Sometimes leaving a store without the intended item ends in all out war. 

I'm thinking that, I will have to scan through a lot of mother blogs out there to help me out with that issue. (they are not greedy - but they could very well end up that way if I do not find middle ground.)

So why are our children these days little jerks? It's in their genes. 

Hope anyone and everyone who happened to come across this blog has a fantastic day. xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment