Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Contracting NIGHTMARE! (Updated)

Anyone who has a home knows that things can just go ... well, they can just go wrong. Thankfully, that is what home owners warranty is for. I use "First American Home Buyers Protection" When in a bind, they always pull through. If you do not have home buyers protection, I strongly urge you to get it. A 60 dollar copay, for a 1200 dollar repair, is well worth it. "Look into it guys!"

Either way ... while my home owners protection is never faulty, sometimes their choice of contractor falls short. I unfortunately am dealing with this at the moment.

HERE IS MY HONEST REVIEW OF (Comfort Experts LLC.) https://www.facebook.com/ComfortExpertsHeatingAndAir?pnref=lhc

I should have took notice from the very beginning, when a company gives you red flags from the start, it pretty much ensures that the entire ride will be a bumpy one.

I received an email from my buyers protection, with the contractor hired and a number. I was to give them two days to give me a call to set up an appointment.

(For those of you wondering, My AC is freezing up, not heating my home, and its the coldest part of winter.)

Three days go by, so I decide to give them a ring. They pull up my info and I have an appointment next week. Now I am not really happy that it is a week out, because its cold, my house isn't warming, and my electric bill is shooting through the roof as we wait. But I am content, I realize companies get busy and I figure it could be worse! The contract worker will be here anywhere between 8 in the morning and 5 at night. AWESOME!!!
Not so awesome. The worker didn't show up till well after eight, in fact, I believe it was almost nine. By then, it was too dark to really do any work, but he sees that its shaking, that there is a problem with the fluid inside etc. But -- its too late and it will not get finished that night, so he is going to have the secretary call over tomorrow to schedule out yet another appointment.

I WAITED 2 WEEKS before calling them back.

Got my appointment, this time ... he shows us well on time. I am very thankful. I have restored hope for the company. (Now, they have had me make sure to turn off heat so that it wouldn't be frozen, and thank goodness for bipolar weather that decided to cooperate.
He looks ... can't figure it out, this is fine, while this is not. There is a part too big to get in, hes going to have to do some research to see what he can do.
SIGH ,,,,,,,,, Another waiting game.
Having no choice and being hopeful that research will not take long, I agree to yet, making another appointment.

I WAIT!
and wait.
But then, I got my bill and I am a bit pissy and no longer willing to wait. SO .... I call, I get the owner Chris. He schedules me out an appointment for the very next day between 8 in the AM and 11.
I waited again until ONE in the afternoon then called to make sure they were still coming.

Chris then ensures me that he remembered taking my call, but then got another call and forgot to write me on the list.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????
But he will have his worker come over right after his next appointment is over.
The day comes and goes.
NOTHING! No show!

I am beyond LIVID! I am with my whole heart angry as hell and about to call and complain, WHEN I get a letter from my warranty people saying that they have sent in papers for whatever reason! (I still do not know because I am waiting on the Protection agency to open so I can call.)

Now tell me ... how can they submit a claim? When they haven't come out? When they haven't done a thing?

IF YOU ARE IN NORTH CAROLINA, AND YOUR PROTECTION PLAN ASSIGNS THIS PLACE. Sure by all means give them a chance, they might be different for you than they are for me. BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES allow them to make you wait, STAY ON THEIR ASS!  I do not want anyone else out there going through what I did.

Now wish me luck .. (First - should be open now and I have a call to make.)


(Update) It is now a few days later, Still no report has been sent to my home warranty company, however - the guy does tell me straight up it will be 450 for electrical, 1450, for duct work and modifications. WHY ARE THEY MODIFYING ANYTHING? Ps, that is just a partial estimate, they are still looking at other things they can modify.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY -- They will dig their heels into any way of fucking you over pricewise! They inform me, that because they are replacing the part under the house, they will have to replace the part outside of the home and that will not be covered (an extra 3+ thousand.) This company is an absolute scam!

Have a great day you guys xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment