Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I did it! Crossing that off my bucket list!

Finally! I completed something I have been wanting to do for as long as I can remember knowing they existed. I ran my first ever 5k. The color run!
Yes! I paid 50 bucks to run three miles and have random people at random stations throw powdered color all over me - and you know what? It was a blast!

I was up at 5am, why? Freak if I know. I was excited and my body wouldn't let me sleep. I didn't bother with a shower, I figured I would take one when I got home. However, I did wash my face and place a temp tattoo smack dab in the middle of my cheek "The color run." is what it said. I hopped into my yoga Capri's and my official color run gear. (T-shirt and head band) and waited. 7am I was all but jumping on the bed to get Nick out of bed and ready. We were going to be late to stand around and wait. "I am laughing at myself now."

Now I should mention, that I kind of forced Nick to do this with me. He was not thrilled in the slightest, but he did it, "For me!" The benefits of having a best friend who loves you to bits. So when I get into my excitement, I would also like you to picture Nick rolling his eyes ever so often and looking at me like I have a dick growing out of my forehead. Literally that is what I envisioned him thinking. "What is wrong with her? Is she really this excited to walk/run/jog in a circle?"

LMFAO!

The drive there seemed longer than it should have been, but every now and then a car would pull up, people inside dawning their color run gear and I would smile. ESPECIALLY when one car rolled up. Two guys and a girl - honking, waving, pointing at their color vibe memorabilia - pointing at mine giving a thumbs up, and dancing while waving on their way. "ALREADY" The excitement had me reeling. I loved the energy of the people.
So here I am - sitting in a silent car, laughing and pointing and waving to people I do not know, looking what I assume looked like a mental patient who escaped and finally sees people for the first time. Poor  Nick. The idea that he really is in a car with some wacked out, overly excited female must of been a WTF did I get myself into moment of realization.

We met up with my sister Jen. Now when I say my sister, I mean Nick's sister. I keep her held hostage though marriage and claim her as mine! Also met up with her daughter Hailey, and a bunch of ladies from her place of employment. "That was not the original plan. - but it worked out." Originally it was just going to be Nick and I.  Either way, it was fun seeing them all in there tutu's and tiaras.

NOTE: For anyone who wants to do a color run or probably any 5k. They go in waves of people, if you want to get there and get it done ... then you are best off walking straight to the start up space to wait. "We" however waited near where they were doing the zumba warm up and conga line. "Jump in the line, rock your body in time ...OKAY I BELIEVE YOU" That song still sings its tune in my head.
The place was packed ... and I loved it! There were unicorns, men dressed up in bikinis, I think I saw iron man too. It was alive and I was loving living in the moment. I was feeding off the energy.

We finally got to our wave,  there were beach balls bouncing around through the crowd. Freebies being thrown to the loudest screamers, bubble machines, I LOVED the bubble machines, I would have stayed dancing in those bubbles all day. I think I really need a bubble machine!
There wasn't really room to run - not without running into someone or tripping over a kid, it was more of a walk/light jog type of 5k. There were so many people!
At one portion you were side by side, passing the people in the wave before you, high five'ing the whole way down to the first color station - which was yellow.
I do not typically like to touch people, but for some reason, I was into high five'ing everyone that held their hand out. I felt rude not to slap their hand. Like they were left hanging or something. I was just enjoying the looks on their faces, of WE ARE DOING IT!  which is funny when you think of it, because I do this every day. I do not typically get color thrown on me, but I walk three miles, sometimes more EVERY SINGLE DAY. But this day, it was different.

Too bad there are not people lining my street on my morning walks, to high five me and say ... way to go!  I bet that would make, walking my dog Marley, so much more fun.

Either way - we made it through. I felt bad at the last station because it was glitter. I had no idea they were going to throw glitter. NICK HATES GLITTER!!! That stuff gets everywhere and it is hard to get rid of! Sigh .... but he did it for me. "Thanks Nick!"

We got ourselves a medal, and a bag of glitter and color - For the dance after party where everyone throws their glitter up and it gets everywhere.

All in all- once we got started, it was over pretty quickly. It was the waiting that took the longest.
It was such a good time. Who knew you could have such a fun time, just walking.

Oh - and I got naked in the parking lot of "The dog house bar and grill" in Fayetteville NC,
that was weird!
But it was that, or Nick was making me walk home. LMFAO. There was no way he was allowing me in his new car as messy as I was.
BONUS, he got naked too - lol. I peeked!

It was such a fun time - I want to do it again. Legit, I have been looking up more 5k's to participate in.
Anyway, I just wanted to share that moment with you. It was a long waited for moment in my life, and I am really happy I did it!

Hope everyone is having a good day, or that it turns that way soon. Love and hugs xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment