Thursday, June 4, 2015

Play with your boobs!

Thirty-three, that is how old I am. That is an age timezone before the recommended mammogram age.  This is also the age where they found two small lumps in my left breast that I now am being monitored for. Right now, it's the waiting stage. It's the biopsy, hurry up, and say yes or no stage. The I am terrified, and anxious and I am sure that everything is going to be alright, because it just has to stage.

Yes, you are looking at the inside of my boob there. I apologize about that, but its the only way I could get across the severity of what I want to get across. It can happen, it does happen, and it can happen to you!

LADIES... all you ladies out there young and older. Please, play with your boobs! You know how they tell the boys to play with their balls, well I am asking you to play with your boobs. Daily- hell three times a day as long as you get to know them. Every ridge, angle, every inch of them.

You never know when something might pop up and the more you play with them, the better chance you have of catching a growth before it is too late. They say early detection is key!

I was told about a new test called "BRCA Analysis" It checks for the BRAC1 and BRAC2 genes. These are the genes that are responsible for a vast majority of hereditary "Breast and Ovarian cancers." Know your family history - If anyone in your family has had breast cancer or ovarian cancer or any kind of cancer really- this test could help you be proactive"

This test will not tell you if you have cancer today, only if you are at risk, and to give your Dr. the best screening route to more effectively handle your case with preventive drug or surgery therapy,

If you test positive, it is no longer a case of "Am I going to get cancer, but more so, when." If you test positive you also have a 50% chance that you passed it down to your children (or future children.) In my own opinion, I feel like it is better to know ahead of time. It could save you, it could save your daughter('s)

This test is not performed by all doctors, at least not where I am (You might have to call around.). I feel like, if more than a few of us "Ask" our doctors about it, it might become more available to those later on down the road. You can find out more about it HERE

If you do not plan on having the test done, I with my whole heart urge you to play with your breast, mammograms are not typical for younger ladies, But as you can clearly see - Things pop up regardless of age. Stay on top of it - this is your health!


No comments:

Post a Comment