Friday, January 16, 2015

OMG ...Who is it?

So my day today, has been eventful! While, a good part of it was mainly in my head. I did learn a little something that I would like to pass on.

TELEMARKETERS are fucking assholes! There, I said it ! They are creepy little bastards with crazy tricks, right up their sleeves! 

Picture this .............
Me, sitting snuggled under a blanket, Evil Dead, playing on the TV. The phone rings, breaking the silence (we were at the part where they found the cats in the basement.)
"Hello?"
Just breathing ... all I could hear was breathing. I look at the caller ID. 
It's me! The call was coming from my home phone number, and I was the only one home. 

Flash to EVERY horror movie where baby sitters get a strange call that is found to be coming from inside the house, right before being brutally murdered FLOODING my head! 
Panicked, I search the house. Each and every room. 
I look like an ass. 
I'm flinging open doors, calling up the stairs, "If someones up there, I am calling the cops." Only to be greeted by silence. 

It's called "Call Spoofing." And it is a real thing. Telemarketers will call from your own photo number, or from a neighbors. Why? Because you cannot block your own number, and 9 times out of 10 people will pick up the phone for someone they know. TRICKY TRICKY! 

So .... you simply go to www.donotcall.gov and put your number in, and all the calls should stop. 

I wanted to share that, JUST IN CASE this happens to someone else out there, who might have the same reaction I did. But then ... still be safe! You never know if you blowing off a (maybe) telemarketer can get you swanked in the kidneys on your next bathroom break. 

Needless to say "This time." There wasn't some psycho killer in my house hiding in some dark corner, thanks to my Charter communications, I know that, and I won't be spazzing around at night wondering if there are any lurkers "JUST WAITING!" 

So if you get a call from yourself, or even if its a random number with someone offering a free cruise, and you are just tired of it ?? Feel free to add your name, and it should all just stop!

Hope that you guys are having a good day 
xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment