Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Busy Busy Bee's

Busy bee Dee, or that is how I have been feeling lately. Oddly enough, I do not see a whole heck of a lot getting accomplished. But, I have been busy.
Doing what? You may ask.
Writing. Writing my little tail off to tell you the truth. I've been inspired. Really inspired!

A few years ago, and when I say a few years, I mean eight or nine years ago. My computers crashed, taking with it, all my writing. All my pictures. etc. Devastation is what I felt. Honestly when that happened, I was working on a book that meant the world to me then. I was 130 thousand words in, and It was going great. Then BOOM! All gone.

Well, the only thought that occurred to me then, was to take the thing down to Best Buy and visit Geek squad. But between, kids and bills and other things of want, I never really got around to it.

Just recently, I decided to Google, how to get stuff off old hard drives. Came across a site that offered a special cord. "Ordered!" six bucks. If it didn't work, I wouldn't be out much. Cord came, and NOTHING. Zilch! Turns out, the cord, really only works with "Laptop hard drives." Darn it!

At this point, I was on a mission, I was going to get the stuff off those hard drives, if it killed me. Researched You Tube (You can learn just about anything off of You Tube.) Googled. Binged. Etc. Turns out, the reason that cord will not work, is because unlike a lap top hard drive, a desk top hard drive "Cannot" be powered up without its own power supply. I was in luck though, Another cord would do the trick.
In total, I used a combination of both of these cords (one hard drive did not have the pins, it was more like a Nintendo type connection.)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HNXZXYU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ASF5MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vala! Success!

Ever since getting those cords to let me in on the mysteries of what was on those hard drives. I have been a working mess. A few books. Quite a few on that hard drive, One in particular caught my eye and I am working hard, to fiddle and fix it into publication. "Secrets within."

It's funny, finding something you wrote over 8 years ago. Reading it as I re-edit and re-write it, It's like going on the journey for the first time all over again. It's really neat.

So if anyone out there, has a few hard drives that they wish they could get pictures, or something else off. This could help you. "As long as it's not the hard drive itself that is fried"
Wanted to pass out that information, to anyone who comes across this and might just need it.

Hope you all have a great day guys! xxDee
Add Me on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment