Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Hello you guys .... Phew, The day is almost over. It's not that I don't love this holiday, its that I don't really love the GO GO GO because I have three kids hyped up on sugar part. Oddly, this year they were not up at the butt crack of dawn. I was. I sat there waiting, contemplating whether or not I wanted to go make coffee very loudly or allow them to sleep ... which in turn would let my husband sleep a little longer too.

I waited!

First thing ... I made it! All 40 days of lent plus the few extra I tacked on because it felt odd not to go all the way to Easter. For those of you who have not heard me complaining via Twitter or Facebook, I had given up fast food and booze. BOTH which I thought would be harder than it was and it turned out to be the opposite. No I am not a fast food junkie or a booze hound. I just have a hard time not doing what I am not supposed to. I haven't grown up in that way. The moment someone says I can't , I resort to instant want. But I did it! Whoot, whoot! Ate fast food today ... Honestly. I regret it. I didn't really feel too well after. I think perhaps it was the grease. I am not sure though. It is just not sitting too well. That happened to me one year I gave up chocolate too. I waited all 40 days, then ate some ... chocolate to this day is still no longer my favorite. Something in my tastes changed.

The egg hunt was fun! We found out though that the Easter bunny hiding the eggs at 10 at night was a bad idea. Why? Because apparently that is when the raccoons maybe possums decided to ransack the yard. Over half of he plastic eggs were cracked open ... ripped to pieces candy wrappers littered the yard in a trail that leads into the woods behind the house. Sigh ..... LMFAO! Definitely a story my kids will be telling their kids when they are older.

The story is going good ... It will be up and ready for sale by mid to late May - early June. The closer the deadline approaches, the more nervous I get. I hate rejection, but I better prepare myself for it. Some will like it, some wont. The quicker I come to grips with that, and learn to thicken my heart. The better off I will be. I am also very excited! I have to say that excitement outweighs the fear.

Found this site https://www.tomoson.com/ You can basically apply for free stuff, you just have to review it. So from time to time, a lot like the buzzagent days you might see me doing just that. I have to admit that I prefer this site better. I like the option of being able to apply for what I want to review. Not it being chosen for me and me having the choice of saying yes or no. So that is just a heads up of why you might see me talking about random products. You'll know why. I simply love free stuff, and If all I have to do is give an honest opinion about a product. Well then count me in.

Its almost five here where I am ... I have my cup of hot mango peach tea, which I have noticed smells a lot like those peach gummy rings you can buy. I hope it tastes like it. I am thinking, maybe it is time to start supper, a long with enjoy my last day of the kids home. Back to school tomorrow. I am so thankful for that. I love my kids, but sometimes a mom just needs a break. Grant you there really wont be a break. It will be more of a get the house clean and back on track before they get home since they destroyed it this week they were off.

Sigh .... Work never ends when you are a parent.

I hope that you all had a lovely Easter, and I you happen to not celebrate Easter, then quick fact. Easter was originally the celebration of sex and fertility, hence the bunnies and eggs. Now tell me THAT is not something to celebrate :) Have a good one guys! xxDee

No comments:

Post a Comment