Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Becoming Monsters "Book Review"



I have to admit that as I set up my favorite area with all my favorite snacks, my drink of choice and a nice fuzzy blanket to snuggle up with, I wasn't exactly thrilled to go on the reading journey I was about to. But I was determined.

You ever have those days? The ones where everything seems to be the same and you're just so damned sick of it?

Well, that was my day "About 4 days before this all takes place."

I love to read, I have loved to read my whole life and as I grew older, the realization hit me. "If you want to write, you have to read." Problem was ... I have read just about everything in the genre I love that I could get my hands on. Seems lately that the horror genre is repetitive. All the same story, just different characters and settings.

I needed something new.  
I decided to go out of my realm of comfort and try a new genre. Something fresh as well as something I knew nothing about. I was weary. Wondered if I had made the wrong choice. Wondered if I just wasted money on a book I would end up setting aside and never looking back on.

Sitting down, I turn on my kindle and load up the story "Becoming monsters." It took a few pages for me to really get into it. I was confused. "Mainly because I hadn't quite let go of the mindset that I was reading something new. I had to let go of what I was used to reading in written word, had to let go of what I knew, to let this story seep in unjudged.

Once I did, I was flooded with anticipation. Flung into a world that I wish could be reality. Each step on their journey I was right along beside them. It took 5 hours for me to finish that book, but a messy house later, and take out because I was too lost in the words of Liss later, I was hooked! "Honestly, I don't know how to go into detail without spilling the book."

I can say, that if you ever have time to spare, and need a book to escape into. This one is definitely worth looking into.

I only have ONE regret where this book is concerned .........
It's that I didn't read Book one first! Although that being said, even not having read the first in the series ... this book can hold its own as a stand alone book.

You should check it out!
as always ... thank you very much for stopping by and wasting a moment with me.
I hope you all have a lovely night xxDee

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment