Monday, April 14, 2014

First Kiss

Hey you guys .... *Wipes brow* "Phew, It has been a crazy couple of weeks." I mentioned before that I headed up north to be there for my sister Lonna and the birth of her son. Unfortunately we jumped the gun on timing. We soon found out that "Richard Colon the 3rd" had his own plans on when he wanted to debut himself to the world. But my goodness the wait was worth it. He is so incredibly beautiful. So much hair!

Today kicked off the beginning of spring break ... which in my world means, I am about to enter the phase of screaming at kids to "Knock it off" While trying my best to leave my hair in tact. I am also trying to get caught up on cleaning. You never really realize how much junk you accumulate until you have to clean it out. 8 years I have been in this house. When we were a family used to moving at least once every three years. Three times in three years before we settled here. That gave us time to get rid of all the stuff we really didn't need each year, making moving, and organization easy. 8 years however .... I am getting a crash course in how much of a pack rat I really am. I feel like I could occupy a week of hoarders.

Yesterday marked a special day. The fourteenth birthday of my eldest daughter. That is who you see in the picture at the top getting kissed by *Stretch* A very friendly giraffe at the aloha zoo in Cameron NC. We tease her that this is "HER VERY FIRST KISS" Two reasons. She hasn't had a first kiss yet "From a boy" and second .... Because of a very interesting moment we shared when she was younger and believed that she could marry a duck! I will link you to the youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR3UBuWJw2s "Well, all I can say is, At least she's moving up"

The weather has been nice. I have spent most of my time sitting outside on my yoga mat writing on my lap top. Because so far my mat has only been used as a place to sit while outside or for picnic's. Feels more like summer than spring, but I don't particularly mind. It is just nice to be outside without freezing my butt off.

Had the CPI security guy install cameras since we have had a few break ins around here. I seriously don't know if I feel safe, or invaded. Who knows when someone is actually watching. It also doesn't help that we can access them through our cell's to see at anytime, and Nicholas "My husband" Thinks it is funny to text me weird things like "How does that pie taste?" Or "I thought you said you were cleaning today." Sigh ................................. Although I think its kind of cool. If I ever decided I was brave enough for ghost hunting in my house, I could do it now. They are infrared cameras at night ... so I wonder if I ill ever catch anything.

I am still editing my story "Fertilizer" Taking a little longer than I thought it would be. I still have yet to write a correct blurb! I can't seem to describe it without telling you everything in it.
I do have a question ....... How do people feel about writers with multiple genre's? I am torn on whether or not to use a pen name for different paths I write in. Like one for kids stuff ... one for romance, one for thriller, horror, erotica, etc. I am not sure what I am leaning towards on that.

Well ... it is almost nine. I guess it is time to get kids in bed, grab some hot tea and call it a night. I hope each and everyone of you who might have come across this. Have a good night, day, Whichever you are in. Thanks for stopping by with me. xxDee





No comments:

Post a Comment